Our Faith Formation
Welcome to the St. Symphorosa & St. Rene Parish Faith Formation Program! In the Rite of Baptism, parents are called the first teachers of the faith of their child. Catholic Christian parents/guardians are called to live in a manner which brings children to a knowledge of a loving God and the saving Gospel of Jesus Christ. To assist parents/guardians in their obligation to instruct their children in matters of faith, the Faith Formation Program offers structured, continuous religious education and formation for students at the elementary school level.
Choosing a program of religious education for your child requires prayerful, thoughtful consideration. As you consider your child’s faith formation and sacramental preparation, we invite you to consider the St. Symphorosa & St. Rene Parish Faith Formation Program. We believe that we offer a faith-filled, well-organized, structured program to the parents and young people of our community. Here are some points about our program that you should keep in mind when choosing a program of religious education for your public school child:
1. Students learn about their faith through a variety of teaching methods and materials: songs, videos, projects, art, stories, etc.
2. The program is designed to instruct students in Catholic Christian doctrine as well as to familiarize them with Catholic traditions and liturgical celebrations.
3. Our catechists receive training in faith formation and catechesis approved by the Archdiocese. Many of our catechists will have achieved full certification (over 48 hours of training).
4. Each class is guided by a trained adult Catholic catechist who generously gives of his or her time and talent and enjoys working with our young people.
5. Texts and materials used in the program have been approved by the Catholic bishops and are in conformity with the Catechism of the Catholic Church.
6. Classes will be offered at the St. Symphorosa Campus on Saturday mornings and at the St. Rene Campus on Wednesday evenings.
Faith Formation registration will take place in August. Please check back for updates and more information regarding new Faith Formation tuition rates.
To register for Faith Formation, please call
Peg Siebenaler at (773) 767-1523 x226 or