Our Faith Formation
Registration for the 2020-2021 Faith Formation Year is Now Closed
Our faith formation school year has officially begun and for this reason registration is now closed. If you have any questions or concerns in regards to our program please contact the Faith Formation Coordinator, Mrs. Peg Siebenaler at (773) 767.1523 ext. 226 or by email at
Welcome to the St. Symphorosa & St. Rene Parish Faith Formation Program! In the Rite of Baptism, parents are called the first teachers of the faith of their child. Catholic Christian parents/guardians are called to live in a manner which brings children to a knowledge of a loving God and the saving Gospel of Jesus Christ. To assist parents/guardians in their obligation to instruct their children in matters of faith, the Faith Formation Program offers structured, continuous religious education and formation for students at the elementary school level.
Choosing a program of religious education for your child requires prayerful, thoughtful consideration. As you consider your child’s faith formation and sacramental preparation, we invite you to consider the St. Symphorosa & St. Rene Parish Faith Formation Program. We believe that we offer a faith-filled, well-organized, structured program to the parents and young people of our community. Here are some points about our program that you should keep in mind when choosing a program of religious education for your public school child:
1. Students learn about their faith through a variety of teaching methods and materials: songs, videos, projects, art, stories, etc.
2. The program is designed to instruct students in Catholic Christian doctrine as well as to familiarize them with Catholic traditions and liturgical celebrations.
3. Our catechists receive training in faith formation and catechesis approved by the Archdiocese. Many of our catechists will have achieved full certification (over 48 hours of training).
4. Each class is guided by a trained adult Catholic catechist who generously gives of his or her time and talent and enjoys working with our young people.
5. Texts and materials used in the program have been approved by the Catholic bishops and are in conformity with the Catechism of the Catholic Church.
6. Faith Formation will be offered at both locations, St. Symphorosa and St. Rene. Upon registration you will choose the location that will be where your child(ren) will attend throughout the course of the program. Classes will be held once a month in-person on Saturday's at St. Symphorosa and on Tuesday and Wednesday evenings at St. Rene. The second meeting of every month will be a virtual meeting. The students (cohorts) from each location will follow social distancing guidelines as well as wear masks during the time they are in class.
For more information in regards to Faith Formation, please call Peg Siebenaler at
(773) 767-1523 x226